233 Bushnell Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78212
The Landa Branch Library, located in the Monte Vista Historical Neighborhood was originally the private residence of Harry and Hannah Landa. Hannah Mansfeld Landa died in 1942, and in 1946 Harry Landa, South Texas Capitalist and philanthropist, bequeathed his home, the 5 acres of ground it was situated on and a number of paintings and other art works to the City of San Antonio. The residence was to be used as a free public library and children’s playground. The Hannah Landa Memorial Branch Library would be a “living memorial to his beloved Hannah” and the values she stood for. Appropriate stacks were erected and suitable library furniture purchased and by April 1, 1947, the home had been transformed into its new role. A Branch of the San Antonio Public Library.