nature site--no phone
1349 Neal Road, San Antonio, TX 78214
The Presnall-Watson Heritage Site, originally a late antebellum farmstead, is located on 1,200 acres of land acquired by SAWS in the 1990s for the Applewhite Reservoir project. The complex includes a main dwelling (which grew from a stone house built between l853 and l860), a barn, smokehouse, water tank, tool shed and two buildings moved from the old Walsh Ranch (now the Toyota site). The City of San Antonio plans to turn this land over to the Land Heritage Institute Foundation in May to preserve and develop the property as heritage education and a living history site of south Texas farm and ranch life from the 1850s to 1930s.