115 Main Plaza, San Antonio, TX 78205
Often considered the heart and soul of San Antonio, San Fernando Cathedral has played an integral part of the city’s growth. Built in 1738, its history includes both religious and secular duties. Texas hero James Bowie married Ursula de Veramendi in its sanctuary, and Mexican General Santa Anna used the church as a lookout. Today, San Fernando still serves the city and citizens, now as the cathedral of the Diocese of San Antonio. Current renovations have stabilized and restored the cathedral. Located at 115 Main Plaza, 78205. For more information call 210/227-1297.