Laurel Heights United Methodist Church was founded in San Antonio, Texas on November 28, 1909. It grew from a need to establish a church within the new development of Monte Vista through the foresight of Mrs. J. O. Terrell, wife of Judge Terrell of San Antonio. Meetings were initially held in a frame structure known as “The Tabernacle”. The growing congregation quickly outgrew this building, and the pastor moved the first shovel of dirt on May 1, 1911 for a new church. Bishop E. D. Mouzon laid the corner stone June 23, 1911. Construction was completed, and the Church was ready for the service on Easter Sunday, 1912, with Bishop S. Key preaching the sermon. The architect was Atlee B. Ayres, noted San Antonio architect, and the contractor Jack Haynes. This beautiful historic church sanctuary is a lovely setting for choral performance.
227 W. Woodlawn, San Antonio, TX 78212
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE