Elizabeth Rodriguez: "Las Mera Meras"
Mera Meras Chile Peppers/Elizabeth Rodriguez
UIW/Kelso Art Center presents works of San Antonio artist, Elizabeth Rodriguez.
Las Mera Meras is a painting of a group of red peppers reflected on a shiny maple tabletop. They are serious, tough, and unified. I used to see a group of women just like that at Mi Tierra Cafe downtown. They would meet once a week for breakfast and sit at the same table every time. A guest would meet with them usually a public official, including the mayor, city manager or people running for office to have discussions, sometimes heated, very heated. I imagined they would be solving this, that,View more
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Feb 2, 2023 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Thu)
- Feb 3, 2023 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Fri)
- Feb 6, 2023 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Mon)
- Feb 7, 2023 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Tue)
- Feb 8, 2023 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Wed)
- Feb 9, 2023 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Thu)
- Feb 10, 2023 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Fri)
Additional time info:
Opening Reception: Fri., Jan. 13, 2023, 6-8 p.m.
Exhibit on display: Fri., Jan. 13 – Fri., Feb. 10, 2023
Gallery hours: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
(except UIW holidays)
Kelso Art Center / Semmes and Condos Galleries
(Broadway and Hildebrand on UIW campus)
Free and Open to the Public
4301 Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78209